Flavour Bomb Greens n’ Noodles | My New Roots
MY NEW ROOTS
My new roots is a treasure trove full of epic recipes that will not only blow your mind with taste but are good for you as well. Jump over to mynewroots.org for dinner inspiration, thanks for the delicious recipe Sarah. Follow @mynewroots on Instagram for constant mouth watering food pics.
Brown rice noodles (approx. 125g for four servings)
A few large handfuls mixed greens (Swiss chard, kale, spinach etc.)
2 Tbsp. tamari
2 Tbsp. cold-pressed sesame oil (or olive)
2 tsp. raw honey (or maple syrup)
2 tsp. brown rice vinegar
zest and juice of 1 lime
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger root, minced
2 spring onions, sliced
½ red chili, minced
¼ cup mixed black and white sesame seeds
¼ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
¼ cup cashews
½ cup cilantro, chopped
½ cup mint, chopped
1. In a small dish whisk dressing ingredients together, reserving a few slices of spring onion and chili for garnish. Season to taste. Set aside.
2. Boil a pot of salted water, add noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water to halt cooking. Place noodles in a large bowl, pour half of the dressing over and toss well to coat. Add some mint and cilantro and toss.
3. In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast sesame seeds until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside. Repeat with cashews and coconut.
4. Wash and greens and spin them dry. Remove any tough stalks, stack leaves, roll up and slice into thin ribbons. Add to a large bowl pour remaining dressing over, throw in some mint and cilantro (reserve some for garnish) and toss well to coat. Add dressed greens to dressed noodles.
5. To serve, allow each person to take their desired amount of greens and noodles. Place small dishes of toppings around the table for garnish and be generous! The more herbs, nuts, seeds, and coconut the better this will taste. Go wild!
E N J O Y x